SICAF Organizing Committee and Seoul Animation Center are proud to present the SICAF2011 6th International Digital Cartoon Competition under the courtesy of Seoul Metropolitan Government. Through this competition, we aim to promote digital cartoon as a new medium for creating and enjoying cartoon and comics, and to discover and support promising digital cartoon, comics producers. We would like to extend a warm invitation to talented, aspiring producers all around the world to submit their art to our competition. If you are interested, please make sure to read this document carefully. Submitting your work will be considered as the applicants have read and accepted all terms and regulations of this competition.
· Your work should present genre of cartoon and comics and it should be viewable using digital techniques.
· You should hold the copyright of your submitted artworks. Only the original and unpublished works (without any commercially used history) are qualified.
· Works entered in previous SICAF International Digital Cartoon Competition can’t be submitted again.
3. Theme and Official Languages
· There is no special theme designated by the organizing committee.
· The official languages of the competition are Korean and English.
A) Web Cartoons : Web-based cartoon with 4 or less frame counts.
B) Scroll Comics : No limit in number of episodes, but should have one complete narrative structure as a story. Viewable in a web browser (i.e. Version 6.0, Firefox Version 2.0)
* Short Story : Under 5 episodes, but should have one complete narrative structure as a story.
* Long Story : Should have one complete narrative structure as a story.
C) Mobile Comics : No limit in number of episodes, but should have a complete narrative structure as a story. Viewable in mobile device's browsers (i.e. mobile phone, PMP, etc.)
D) Digital Illustration : Illustration made of Computer Graphics (i.e. 2D, 3D, 2D+3D composite works)
You can see more detailed information about SICAF on their official website HERE