Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beads @ Le Meridien Lagos

I popped into Le Meridien Eko Hotel Lagos’s arts & crafts store to change some money in dollars [$] into Naira [₦] our official currency in Nigeria. The traders at the center run one of the safest black markets for hard currency if you don’t want to be ripped off by burea de change agencies. They also have an amazing selection of arts & craft made mostly in the northern part of the country.


Luckily I had my camera, which I carry everywhere these days and took loads of pics I wld be sharing with you over the course of time

These beads are made from a selection of materials that range from wood to stone. The most amazing thing about them is the colors which depict the vibrancy and flavor of Nigerian and African culture.




4 comments:

  1. aww thanks for the comment. i'm really loving the different varieties of beads. they're gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOOVE THIS BLOG! DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT WAS HERE! OH BRING ME SOME TERENCE! BRING ME SOME BEADS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo, I love these. I have some, I have got them from Lagos and I sold them in my homeland Czech Rep. Everybody love them here. Check these fotos.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26150164@N02/sets/72157624333082230/
    Do you know what is the material of those plat round beads? Thanks.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is welcome as well as words of inspiration. Structure your point, no random bitching...